People are looking for new revenue streams and earning opportunities. Social media has become a source of income for many, becoming socially influential on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. The fastest growing of these social apps is TikTok; Easterling and the people on the list make it clear that you can absolutely make money from ticking. In fact, there is a TikTok Money Calculator that gives you an estimate of how much money a public TikTok account makes. The question becomes, how do you make money and at what cost?
Before you call Sony and offer to be their TikTok brand ambassador, you need to take some steps if you want to see any money.
Step 1: Build your brand. for make money on Tiktok
Anyone who has taken marketing classes knows the basics and it’s the same for the business you start. Who are you, and who will like your product (target market)? For TikTok, this means you have to have an idea of what kind of video you will post and be consistent. Would your video be entertaining and fun? Or are you looking for a romantic, ethereal vibe? How do you want people (and influential people) to see you?
Step 2: Post content that people want to see.
Like all social media platforms, you are just as good as your content. To be a social influencer, you have to do a lot of work whether it is Instagram, Twitter or Tikto. Your content must be fresh, interesting, unique and updated. This means multiple new videos every day.
Step 3: Get followers.
This is probably the most important step, and it comes through doing Step 1 and Step 2 really well. Remember Easterling? TikTok has over 54 million followers. You will actually be able to monetize your account before it needs an estimated range of 10,000 to one million followers. The best way to get followers is to understand what your target market wants to see and upload quality content to them more than once a day.
Once you gain widespread popularity on TikTok, you can start making real money. Here are 5 ways to earn that income:
- Influencer marketing: You’ve probably heard it before and it’s the same across all social platforms. The company hires influential people to use their videos to promote their products / services / brands, hoping to generate sales. One of TikTok’s biggest influencer campaigns is Mucinex, which has worked with several influencers to promote its products during the Halloween and Flu seasons. In various videos, influential people wake up like stupid zombies. Then, they grab Mucinex. After that, the videos are great for the club and cut to the costume influencers. The idea is that Mucinex can help you recover in time for a weekend party, even if you feel like dying.
- Sponsored Content Posts: Lauren Gray, who made $ 2.6 million last year with more than 45 million followers, signed a major Revlon deal, where she created content for the company’s TikTok account and Revlon-sponsored posts for her.
- Branded Products: Once you become a popular TikTok star, you can create your own line of makeup products like Item Beauty by Easterling.
- Use your stardom to start your music / artist / actress career: Baby Ariel, with 34 million TikTok followers, was the first person to cross the 20-million-mark mark on Musical.ly (now TikTok) and her reputation has only grown since then. Ariels’ fame has created multiple gigs on the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon TV shows.
- TikTok Consultant: If you specialize in all aspects of TikTok, many need your guidance. As it is still a relatively new social platform, people will pay you to hire you as a consultant to help them build their strategy, build their brand and grow their followers.
Leave a Reply