In this internet-dependent life, privacy has become synonymous with availability. In this context, the day before yesterday, World Data Privacy Day was celebrated all over the world. And on this occasion, the social media platform WhatsApp (WhatsApp), highlighted the online security points, so that users can use the platform securely and no one else can misuse their data. WhatsApp offers end-to-end encrypted messaging services. But there are many more ways to keep its online data secure. How? Let’s know the details.
- Two Step Authentication: With this two step authentication (Two Step Authentication) verification process turned on, the WhatsApp account is quite secure. It provides an extra level of security that requires a 7-digit PIN for SIM card theft, account reset and verification.
- WhatsApp Touch ID, Face ID or Fingerprint Lock: WhatsApp users can secure their account or application on iPhone with Touch ID and Face ID, in case of Android with Fingerprint Lock.
- Disapproving message: If this feature is on, any chat or all chats will be automatically deleted after a certain period of time. Both the sender and the receiver can control this feature for 24 hours, 7 days or 90 days option.
- View Once: This View Once feature gives the option to automatically delete any photo and video once viewed by the receiver. This will give the user more privacy.
- End-to-end encrypted backups: WhatsApp users can add an end-to-end encryption security level to secure their chat backups on iCloud or Google Drive. In this case, end-to-end encrypted backup saves messages and media in the cloud. In addition, it is protected by an encryption key.
- Group Privacy Settings: WhatsApp’s privacy settings and the Group Invite system controls whether or not members can join a group. As a result, just as no one can join an individual group, so no one can join a group if they do not want to.
7. Admin Control: This is basically a group setting, which is controlled by the admins. This allows them to change settings and determine who can send messages to the group.